Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fear; How Long Will You Let it Steer Your Life?

I'm going to share a secret with you . . . I have let fear steer the direction of my life (on occasions and in certain circumstances).


This blog is almost always the words of others because I'm afraid. 

I'm afraid every time I hit the publish button. What if no one reads my post? What if no one likes my post? What if you don't like what I post? What if you have something negative to say about my post? 

What if the words I write are wrong? What if there is a typo? What if I can't make myself understood?  What if? What if? What if?

I have a feeling that it is time for a change here at Be Positively Inspired. Oh My Gosh . . .  there is another scary concept; Change. I am not completely sure what those changes will be and what the end product will look like; but I hope that you will all join me on this journey. 

I'm tired of letting fear steer the direction of my life. It is time to let go of those what ifs and move towards what I really believe this blog on page can be.

Quotes 

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

A further sign of health is that we don't become undone by fear and trembling, but we take it as a message that it's time to stop struggling and look directly at what's threatening us. ~ Pema Chodron


"I want to know if you've touched the center of your own sorrow, if you've been opened by life's betrayals, or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain." ~ Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Blog Posts

I Need a Hero ~ "Our world needs more heroes. We don’t need people to literally wear costumes, but we do need people to don their own superhero outfits by accepting their vast heroic potential. We need more heroes."

How To Meditate at Any Time Without Meditating ~ "By living in our heads, we’re missing opportunities to connect with our family. Opportunities to feel the pleasure of sunshine on our face while standing at the bus stop. Opportunities to feel our creative energy spark when we watch a child playing. Opportunities to be in nature, even for just a few minutes, and find our footing again."

No comments:

Post a Comment